Friday, April 9, 2010

Fabulous Friday

I decided to make Friday, Fabulous Friday courtesy of Tyra Banks. I know I'm a geek but I love Tyra. She reminds me of my good friend Maxine, they have the same quirky personally. Maxine and I were roomies for our first 2 years of university, before I moved to a different province. I have a lot of great memories from those years. For instance, we found that after about 3 hours of hardcore studying for finals that we were getting dummyheaded. So, our solution to this was called "Happy Hour" where we would just do and say silly things for a whole hour, like playing Crazy 8's with happy face post-it notes stuck to our foreheads. We would put a sign on our door that said "HAPPY HOUR" and other people in the dorm would actually see the sign and come to visit. Happy Hour was a real hit. One day, there was a very light knock on the door during happy hour. When we opened the door Maxine's Mom was outside with a really weird look on her face. She told us that she saw the sign and was afraid to knock 'cause she thought we were in our room getting drunk. Of coarse this caused a 10 minute giggle fit from us.

Anyway, back to the card. I think on Fabulous Friday I'll post cards with a little extra somethin' somethin'. This is a 5 1/4 x 5 1/4 square card and every layer is sponged with Basic Gray ink, except for the butterflies. I think I got the sketch from the Friday or Saturday Sketch challenge blog. I'll have to double check when I'm not so sleepy.

Supplies
Stamps: Ever After, Great Friend
Paper: Very Vanilla, Basic Gray, Apricot Appeal, Sage Shadow, Nouveau Chic DSP
Ink: Basic Gray Ink Pad, Apricot Appeal Marker, Sage Shadow Marker
Accessories: Basic Gray 5/8" Satin Ribbon, Bog Shot, Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die, Little Leaves Sizzlit Die, Scallop Circle Bigz Die, Circle Scissor Plus, 1 1/4" circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch. Scallop Circle Punch, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Stampin' Sponges, Stampin' Dimensionals

2 comments:

You card is fabulous, Michelle! The sponging makes everything stand out.
CC

I love your cards Michelle. They look like paintings.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home