Thursday, May 13, 2010

Try It Thursday

Okay, I just couldn't stay away from the Elements of Style stamp set. A few years back I went to ScrapFest and one of the layouts had a picture on it that had clear microbeads glued to a picture. I remember thinking that I had to try it. Well, 2 and a half years later, here you go. I don't know if this technique has a name. If it does, please leave a comment as I would love to know. To do this technique, I stamped and colored my image and sponged the edges with Creamy Caramel ink. I then put a generous coat of Crystal Effects over the entire images, spreading it with an old paintbrush, and put it in a Powder Pal. I poured the microbeads over top and patted with my fingers to make sure the beads stuck well. To put the Rhinestone Brad on the ribbon I separated the prings and wrapped in around the bow.
I like how this image turned out but let me tell ya, what a mess. I thought Dazzling Diamonds was messing. I have these silly little beads from one end of my craft room to the other.

Supplies
Stamps: Elements of Style, En Francais
Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black, Creamy Caramel, Dusty Durango marker, Always Artichoke marker
Accessories: Clear Mircobeads, Fire Square Rhinestone Brads, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Sponge Dauber, Crystal Effects, Stampin' Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive, Mini Glue Dots

4 comments:

Very pretty card.

Michelle, this is so beautiful! Love it! Thanks for sharing!!

Judy

Beautiful card, thanks for sharing!

Gorgeous Michelle -- your layout is outstanding, I need to CASE this in a future card.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home