Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Wheel It Wednesday

Are these little owls just the cutest? This is #3 of the 4 Father's Day cards I need. This only will probably be from Cole cause I think it's little boy cute. (I know, I'm a dork)

To cover the chipboard I just traces the outline of my owl onto the wrong side of my DSP and cut it out. I then used the fat end of my Tombow Adhesive to apply a thin coat to the chip and adhered the DSP. Then, I used my sanding block to sand off the excess DSP and sponged the edges with Chocolate Chip ink to give it that finished look. There are other ways to apply DSP to Chipboard but this is how get the best result.

Supplies
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes, Classic Stars Wheel
Paper: Night of Navy, Sahara Sand, Whisper White, Basic Black, Travel Journal DSP, Tall Tales DSP, To The Nines DSP
Ink: Chocolate Chip, So Safron Craft Ink, Signo Gel Pen
Accessories: On Board So Tweet Chipboard, Chocolate Chip Satin Ribbon, Silver Brads, Word Window Punch, Modern Label Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, Mat Pack, Piercing Tool, Snail Adhesive, Tombow Adhesive, Stampin' Dimensionals, Sanding Block, Stampin' Sponges

4 comments:

Hi Michelle,
Is the chipboard already shaped as
an owl and u cut the dsp out using the chipboard. I love this card and would like to make one for my friend.
Joycelynne

Michelle,
I lov this card! Do you purchase the chipboard already as an owl?
I want very much to make this card for a friend for father's day.
Thank you,Joycelynne

Joycelynne, the chipboard comes in the owl shapes. It is the So Tweet On Board chipboard from Stampin' Up!

WHOO knew that owls could be this adorable!!! You did a great job. Would love to make some for Grads and Dads (clever rhyme, huh??). :)

Olivia

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home