Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Take It Tuesday


Purple rain, purple rain.
Purple rain, purple rain.
Purple rain, purple rain.
I only wanted to see you underneath the purple rain.


So, my ode to Prince is because that song has been stuck in my head all day. So much so that I had to download it to my IPod and listen to it 15 times in a row. So I guess this card was inspired by the amazingly talented and slightly crazy Prince (or should I say Artist formerly known as Prince).

Anyhoo, today is my birthday (yay, Happy Birthday to me). I actually had to think about how old I was. I had to do that math. Crazy isn't it? Not like when I was younger and I knew I was turning 18 or I knew I was turning 21. I guess there are no more milestones so the number isn't all that important anymore. We are going out for supper tonight to celebrate, then on Saturday I'm goin' shoppin'. Wish me luck cause the West Edmonton Mall is insane busy on the weekends but I will have all day to myself. My boys are going to have a Boys' Day.


This card is part of Take It Tuesday. If you leave a comment on this blog post (click here to go to my blog if you are reading this from Facebook), you will be entered to win a free card kit with enough supplies to make 5 copies of this card (minus the adhesive and stamped images). You have until midnight May 09/10. I will pick a winner on Thursday.


Supplies
Stamps: Elements of Style
Paper: Rich Razzleberry, Basic Gray, Whisper White, Nouveau Chic DSP, Razzleberry Lemonade DSP
Ink:Basic Black, Rich Razzleberry, Always Artichoke, Summer Sun, Basic Gray
Accessories: Basic Gray Taffeta Ribbon, Platinum Shimmer Paint, Blender Pen, Stylus, 1" Circle Punch, Designer Label Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Sponge Dauber, Snail Adhesive, Stampin' Dimensionals

21 comments:

Happy Birthday! Love your card and great use of the razzleberry paper!!!

Amy.L.

Well HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!
Love everything about your card....the colour combo was my cup of tea.

Carolyn W

Happy Birthday to you! Maybe today you will have that song stuck in your head. Love your card! The color combo is great! Hope you have a fantabulous day!

Happy Birthday. Wow what a great card. Can you share how you did it?

Happy Birthday! Your card is beautiful, and in one of my favorite colors :)
Kris Sobolik
ksobolik@hotmai.com
www.maddiebugdesigns.blogspot.com

WOW! What a great card! I absolutely love it, Michelle. If listening to Prince would help me to produce such beautiful cards--I'd never turn him off. :) (I still have the a couple of his cassettes hidden in a dark place that my kids won't find and tease me about--lol)

Happy Happy Birthday--have a wonderful day! :)

Love this card - did you use copic markers? By the way, Happy Birthday.

Beautiful card. Love the colors. Maybe you'll have a "sunshine" song in your head today and do a bright sunny card,lol.

Thanks for sharing.

WOW! This card is beautiful! I will definitely want to case :-) I hope you have a wonderful birthday and enjoy your day of shopping!

Happy Birthday, Michelle! Beautiful card, great colors and cool layout/design! The Elements of Style set is my current favorite.

And yes, now I have Purple Rain running over and over in my head, LOL!

Smiles,
Joyce Spear
stamperjoyce at aol dot com

I love the color combination on this card. Awesome. And happy birthday to you. Don't you love doing what you love to do on your birthday?

Jennifer E.
jguyeby@verizon.net

This is an AWESOME card - especially love your color combinations.TFS

Fortunately (or not) I'm not familiar with the song so it won't be stuck in my head, but would love to be 'stuck' with the card! It's beautiful! Happy Birthday!
Rose

Happy,Happy Birthday!!

Oh my! I can't remember when I've seen such a beautiful card! I would so much LOVE to win the supplies for this card. Just gorgeous!!!

Happy Birthday! Love the card so pretty.
Angel hugs
Debby

Happy birthday! I just love the color choices. Still working on the Razzelberry DSP eh? "Platinum Shimmer Paint", now that is pretty. Love Love Love the card, one of my favorites!

Beautiful card. You should listen to Prince all the time.

Happy, Happy Birthday!! This card is just stunning!! Love this color and the paper!

Happy Birthday Michelle!

Absolutely love the card and your colour choice. You're right, now I'll be singing Purple Rain the rest of the night...

Very pretty card...great layout, haven't seen this one before. I love this set. Hope your birthday was everything you wished for no matter what your age is lol. Thanks for sharing your talent.
Sharon King

Wow! Very striking card. Rich colours. :)

Carolyn H

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home