Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Wheel It Wednesday

Are you ready to see an image that will strike fear into the hearts of crafters around the world? Warning, this is not for the faint of heart. *hee hee*

Scroll down

***

***

***

***

***

***

***

***

***


Last week I decided that I was smarter than the sewing machine. Well, my sewing machine had different ideas. After struggling with thread breaking, the bobbin, rethreading the machine and tension I finally thought I had concurred the beast. Just take a closer look at the image below. Do you see all the little foot markers on the left side of the stitch line? I think the wrong foot is on there. I'm just going to wait until my mother-in-law comes next month to fix it cause this silly machine is about 2 seconds from being thrown out on the back lawn and buried. lol


So, on to my card today. It's a little dark, not sure why.


I really wanted to have stitching on my card so I sat down and pierced all those holes, then used my Signo gel pen to make faux stitching. Pretty sad that I had to resort to that but alas, the sewing machine is smarter than me. I was looking at the new builder wheel and they were the perfect size for the medium size twill tape so I wheelied on it to create my greeting.

*Sigh* Will I ever win the battle of the sewing machine?

Supplies
Stamps: Le Jardin Botanique, Dear Friend Builder Wheel
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Pawsitively Prints DSP
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink ink pad & marker, Barely Banana marker, Certainly Celery marker, Signo Gel Pen
Accessories: Pretty in Pink Satin Ribbon, Soft Subtles Brads, Twill Tape, Piercing Toll, Mat Pack, Sponge Dauber, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Snail Adhesive, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots

4 comments:

You are so funny! Love the google eyes on your machine picture! I love sewing on my cards- my machine is tamed! Now, the computer...it would be in the backyard if it were not for my hubby! Oh- your card is beautiful!!!

I'm going to have to put these evil eyes on my machine as we have twins! Mine not only acts the same way, it's the exact same machine! Your card is stunning and had you not admitted your trouble with stitching, we never would have known!
TFS

Hysterical - love the eyeballs! I have the same issues with sewing on cards, so just decided to remove it from my craft room - I've given in.

Too funny... you gave it more than the college try... I would have tossed it long ago! LOL!

LOVE this card tho :)

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home