Thursday, June 10, 2010

Try It Thursday


When I went to my craft room to make this card, I had the urge to use green. Once the card was finished, though, I didn't like it too much. I felt like the color needed to look more rustic so I redid it in the colors above. Here is the green one just in case you wanted to see it.



I like the rustic-y one better. Try it Thursday is using the negative image of a punch. For this card I punched the star image on Whisper White, then used the scallop square punch to out the star. After that, used a blender pen and Going Gray ink to trace around the star to make it pop and then popped it up on dimensionals.

Supplies
Stamps: Warm Words
Paper: Whisper White, Dusty Durango, Riding Hood Red, Bravo Burgundy
(Green one uses Certainly Celery, Wild Wasabi, Garden Green)
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Basic Black, Going Gray (Green one uses Wild Wasabi)
Accessories: Dusty Durango Polka-Dot Ribbon (Green one uses Certainly Celery Satin Ribbon), Clear Buttons, Linen Thread, Blender Pen, Star Punch, Scallop
Square Punch, Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Snail Adhesive, Mini Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals, Stampin' Sponge

2 comments:

I like them both and could see this card in lots of different colours!
Thanks for sharing!

I like your idea...using the negative.. I think I'll change it up a bit and use Red/white/blue in a bit diff way...but using your negative..Really done nicely!! good job

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home